Division of Plant Sciences
Landscape Design Courses (no degree received)
John Wood Community College, Quincy, Illinois;
Attended: Fall of 2001-Winter semester of 2003
B.S., Plant Science, emphasis Landscape Design & Turfgrass Management, University of Missouri
M.S., Plant, Insect, and Microbial Science, emphasis Turfgrass Science, University of Missouri
- Coordinate research management tasks in the field and greenhouse. This includes preparation and maintenance of all field and greenhouse equipment.
- Assist in the collection of data regarding research trials, properly enter data into a computer, and generate reports.
- Assist in establishing sites for research trials, laying out trials, mixing and applying necessary treatments.
- Organize chemicals for lab, greenhouse, and field trials; ensure proper inventory and safety information is documented; maintain equipment for lab, greenhouse, and field research.
- Prepare reports for field and greenhouse trials, analyze data, and assist in preparation of posters at professional meetings and submission of manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals.
- Supervise field preparation and harvest of plant material in lab, greenhouse, and field; maintain soil pH and fertility levels in field trials.